We are experiencing a booty movement right now. I mean in music videos, in Instagram photos, and on today’s most popular celebrities, the measure of sex appeal is linked to the size of a woman’s behind. Perhaps we have the entire Kardahian/Jenner clan and Jennifer Lopez, to thank (or blame?) for this but it is very much happening.
This craze is such a big deal that there are butt-enhancement creams that claim to make the appearance of your booty bigger! The latest one that you guys have been asking me to review is called “Booty Magic!”
So of course, I bough this $40 dollar cream and rubbed it on be derrière morning and night for 2 months! Watch my video to find out if it’s actually a quick fix!
Here is what I think!
The size of your booty is largely determined by genetics, which dictates where you store fat. It is something we have little control over. Obviously we can workout and do squats do help firm our booty but no matter what size you are I say rock whatever whatever your momma gave you!
I don’t have a big butt at all, and yes at times I did wish I had a little extra junk in the trunk. It would make twerking a lot more fun and falling a lot less painful. But we were all created the way we were for a reason. Love the skin your in and save your money on these goofy creams.
If you want to tone your booty here are 3 of my favorite exercises:
Squat are the best exercise for toning the derriere! By adding a jump in there not only will you see results faster but you’ll also burn more calories because it gets your heart rate up! Bonus!
- Begin in an athletic stance with feet shoulder-width apart and arms bent with hands at chest level. Bend knees and come into a full squat.
- Jump up as explosively as you can, reaching for the ceiling.
- When you land, lower back into the squat position to complete one rep.
Here’s a move that’ll not only work your booty but also your hamstrings and quads.
- Stand holding a pair of medium-weight dumbbells in each hand, arms at your sides, with your knees slightly bent.
- Keeping your arms straight and knees slightly bent, slowly bend at your hip joint lowering the weights as far as possible without rounding your back. Think of sticking your butt out as far as it can go.
- Now squeeze your glutes to slowly pull yourself up (don’t use your back). This counts as one rep.
Side-Lunge to Curtsy
This sideways lunge will target your outer tush as well as your inner thighs.
- Holding a dumbbell in your left hand, side-lunge to the right, bringing your left hand to your right foot. Lower your booty as much as possible. Keep your toes pointed forward and your right knee bent to no more than 90 degrees.
- Push off gently with your right foot, and come into a curtsy position with your right leg crossing behind your left as you press your weight overhead. Keep your hips square and your curtsy tight. Both feet should be pointed forward. This completes one rep.